CHRIS focuses on civil litigation in the District of Columbia and Maryland local and federal courts, and has developed expertise in the areas of legal malpractice and controversies between lawyers and clients, including fee disputes. Chris graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (BA 1970) and the American University Law School (JD 1974), and served as law clerk to Judge Revercomb of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. He has been in practice since 1975, handling a wide variety of civil and criminal cases, a number of which have been highly publicized and established important legal precedents. He has served as President of the Bar Association of the District of Columbia (1998 – 1999) and the George Washington American Inn of Court (1996 – 1997), and as Chair of the District of Columbia Bar Practice Management Service Committee (2007-2008), as well as holding several other honorary positions. He has lectured frequently at District of Columbia Bar continuing legal education programs and been involved in judicial training programs. Mr. Hoge has the highest possible rating from the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, and has been recognized as a “Super Lawyer” and a Top Attorney in the Washington, D.C. area by the Washington Post. He has been profiled in Lawyer’s Weekly – a national legal periodical – for his work in the area of legal malpractice.
Admitted to practice
- District of Columbia, 1975
- Maryland, 1987
- United States Supreme Court and various federal courts
- The Washington College of Law, American University, (J.D. 1975)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.A. 1970)
Chris served as a law clerk to a Washington, D.C. judge and then joined with Daniel H. Crowley to form a small private practice which eventually became Crowley, Hoge & Fein, P.C. He has remained at the same firm for 40 years.
Memberships & activities
- President, Bar Association of the District of Columbia (1998-99)
- President, George Washington American Inn of Court (1996-97)
- Chair, District of Columbia Bar Practice Management Service Committee (2007-08)
- Member, Superior Court of the District of Columbia Probate Education Committee (2007 – present)
- Frequent Lecturer at District of Columbia Bar Legal Education Programs.
Treasurer, Foundation of the Bar Association of the District of Columbia